(UK) Röyksopp will release their fifth and final album, The Inevitable End on November 10th via Dog Triumph. The Inevitable End is Röyksopp’s most personal album to date and their second album release in the space of six months, following their critically acclaimed mini album Do It Again with fellow Scandinavian legend Robyn.
“With ‘The Inevitable End’ we’ve moved into a darker subject matter, with emphasis on the lyrical content. This candid approach feels very both personal, sincere and conclusive.” says Svein, “With this album it became clear we wanted to make an album in a classical sense even if it’s the last one we make,” adds Torbjørn.
Having now created five complete bodies of work, the pair feel like the future is open to being more experimental with how they share their music. “We feel like this is a goodbye to the traditional album format,” explains Svein. “In our consecutive run of albums, we have been able to say what we want to say and do what we want to do with the LP. We’re not going to stop making music, but the album format as such, this is the last thing from us.”
Today Röyksopp revealed the album’s opening track “Skulls” which you can listen to here.
The Inevitable End tracklisting:
2) Monument feat. Robyn (T.I.E. Version)
3) Sordid Affair (Ryan James, Man Without Country)
4) You Know I Have To Go (Jamie McDermott, The Irrepressibles)
5) Save Me (Susanne Sundfør)
6) I Had This Thing (Jamie McDermott, The Irrepressibles)
7) Rong (Robyn)
8) Here She Comes Again (Jamie McDermott, The Irrepressibles)
9) Running To The Sea (Susanne Sundfør)
10) Compulsion (Jamie McDermott, The Irrepressibles)
11) Coup de Grace
12) Thank You