One of Australia’s most iconic women in music and a bonafide household name, Tina Arena is preparing the release of her brand new studio album Eleven.
Recorded across five cities (Sydney, Melbourne, London, Paris and Stockholm), Eleven is a beautiful, complex, state of the art collection of emotive songs. With allusions to numerous musical styles throughout – gospel, jazz, experimental, disco, electro as well as the most pure pop Tina has produced in decades – there is an etherealness and elusiveness to this modern era of Tina Arena recordings that defies definition.
Some of the key collaborators on Eleven include two young Australian female songwriters who in recent years have emerged as stars in their own right: Hayley Warner, who also contributed to seven of these new songs and the celebrated Kate Miller-Heidke, who co-wrote two tracks with Tina and Jon Hume: the jazzy-tinged Not Still In Love With You and gospel-flavoured When You’re Ready.
If 2013’s Reset marked a new beginning, then Eleven is the sound of the inimitable Tina Arena as master of this brave new world she has created for herself and for her lifelong fans.
Thanks to our friends over at EMI Music, we’ve got 5 copies of Eleven on CD to giveaway to readers of Renowned For Sound. To be in to win, head over and give our Facebook page a LIKE, give the competition post a SHARE and then answer the question below and complete the entry form. (Competition closes at midnight on 31st October 2015)
THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED
Terms & Conditions
1. The competition is open to Australian residents only.
2. Winners will be selected at random.
3. Winners will be notified via email once the competition closes.
4. All information provided by the entrant of the competition must be accurate.
5. Renowned For Sound reserves the right to change or withdraw this competition without notice.
6. The competition is open to persons over the age of 16 years.
7. The prize is non-transferable.
8. Renowned For Sound may be required to pass on details to the competition sponsor for prize distribution (where applicable).
9. Renowned For Sound’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered upon.
10. Competition is not open to staff of Renowned For Sound.
11. Only 1 entry per person will be accepted.
12. By entering into this competition all entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
::: RenownedForSound.com’s Editor and Founder –
Interviewing and reviewing the best in new music and globally recognized artists is his passion.
Over the years he has been lucky enough to review thousands of music releases and concerts and interview artists ranging from top selling superstars like 27-time Grammy Award winner Alison Krauss, Boyz II Men, Roxette, Cyndi Lauper, Lisa Loeb and iconic Eagles front man/songwriter, Glenn Frey through to more recent successes including Newton Faulkner, Janelle Monae and Caro Emerald.
Brendon manages and coordinates the amazing team of writers on RenownedForSound.com who are based in the UK, the U.S and Australia.