On April 8 1989, Roxette climbed to the top of the US charts with their infectious single The Look, effectively turning the world upside down for two Swedish artists and millions of fans. Much has been written about the unlikely turn of events that made it possible for the song to reach the coveted #1 position on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, giving Marie Fredriksson and Per Gessle their well-deserved and much desired international break. 30 years later, it happened again.
Roxette is back with the new single It Just Happens, a majestic and highly infectious ballad that introduces the band’s tenth album Good Karma in the most promising way. Good Karma is released June 3 and is available to pre-order now.
It Just Happens revisits that mighty and classic Roxette sound with an updated twist in a melodically strong and musically interesting ballad with Marie Fredriksson and Per Gessle seamlessly taking turns as lead singers.
It Just Happens was one of the first songs to be written for the new album and soon felt like a key song. It was almost destined to be the first single already from the start. The lyrics right before the first chorus could just as well be about Roxette’s incredible 30 years as one of the most beloved and still active pop groups.
Thanks to our friends over at Warner Music, we’ve got 5 copies of Good Karma on CD to give away to readers of Renowned For Sound. To be in to win, head over and give our Facebook page a LIKE, give the competition post a SHARE and then answer the question below and complete the entry form. (Competition closes at midnight on Friday 3rd June 2016)
Terms & Conditions
1. The competition is open to Australian residents only.
2. Winners will be selected at random.
3. Winners will be notified via email once the competition closes.
4. All information provided by the entrant of the competition must be accurate.
5. Renowned For Sound reserves the right to change or withdraw this competition without notice.
6. The competition is open to persons over the age of 18 years.
7. The prize is non-transferable.
8. Renowned For Sound may be required to pass on details to the competition sponsor for prize distribution (where applicable).
9. Renowned For Sound’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered upon.
10. Competition is not open to staff of Renowned For Sound.
11. Only 1 entry per person will be accepted.
12. By entering into this competition all entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.