Best Songs of 2016
To say that 2016 has been a turbulent year in music would be quite the understatement. We have lost numerous icons in the last 12 months – Glenn Frey (The Eagles), David Bowie, Prince and Leonard Cohen to name just a few. Its often been hard to look past the tragedy to recognise the better moments that the year has delivered. Despite the loss, 2016 has offered us purveyors of fine music a huge number of new releases to quench our musical thirst.
As with each year here at Renowned For Sound, the end of the year is a time to reflect on the better moments that we have been graced with and there has certainly been a fair few of those over the past year. From comebacks by the likes of the All Saints, superstar releases from Gaga, Beyonce and Adele and breakthrough Eurovision acts, 2016 hasn’t been all bad, really.
With the year about to bow out, the time is right for a trip down memory lane. So, join us as Renowned For Sound’s editor, Brendon, takes a look back over the year that was 2016, tipping his metaphorical hat to the 20 singles that have formed the soundtrack to his year. Leave us your comments and let us know what songs ticked your boxes in 2016…
20. Beyonce – Formation
19. Robbie Williams – Party Like A Russian
18. Justin Timberlake – Can’t Stop The Feeling
17. Dami Im – Sound of Silence
16. Olly Murs – You Don’t Know Love
15. Adele – Send My Love (To Your New Lover)
14. One Republic – Kids
13. Sophie Ellis-Bextor – Come With Us
12. Turin Brakes – Keep Me Around
11. Little Mix – Shout Out To My Ex
10. Melanie C – Anymore
9. The Weeknd – I Feel It Coming
8. All Saints – One Strike
7. Garbage – Magnetized
6. Roxette – Why Don’t You Bring Me Flowers?
4. Lady Gaga – Perfect Illusion
3. SIA – Cheap Thrills
3. Turin Brakes – Save You
2. All Saints – One Woman Man
1. Roxette – It Just Happens