The talents of three of the world’s greatest storytellers – Roald Dahl, Walt Disney and Steven Spielberg – finally unite to bring Dahl’s beloved classic “The BFG” to life. Directed by Spielberg, Disney’s “The BFG” tells the imaginative story of a young girl and the Giant who introduces her to the wonders and perils of Giant Country.
The BFG (Mark Rylance), while a giant himself, is a Big Friendly Giant and nothing like the other inhabitants of Giant Country. Standing 24-feet tall with enormous ears and a keen sense of smell, he is endearingly dim-witted and keeps to himself for the most part. Giants like Bloodbottler (Bill Hader) and Fleshlumpeater (Jemaine Clement) on the other hand, are twice as big and at least twice as scary and have been known to eat humans, while the BFG prefers Snozzcumber and Frobscottle. Upon her arrival in Giant Country, Sophie, a precocious 10-year-old girl from London, is initially frightened of the mysterious giant who has brought her to his cave, but soon comes to realize that the BFG is actually quite gentle and charming, and, having never met a giant before, has many questions. The BFG brings Sophie to Dream Country where he collects dreams and sends them to children, teaching her all about the magic and mystery of dreams.
Thanks to our friends over at Disney, we’ve got 10 double passes to see The BFG while in cinemas to giveaway to readers of Renowned For Sound. To be in to win, head over and give our Facebook page a LIKE, give the competition post a SHARE and then answer the question below and complete the entry form. (Competition closes at midnight on Friday 1st July)
[contact-form-7 id=”76691″ title=”finding-dory-competition_copy”]
Terms & Conditions
1. The competition is open to Australian residents only.
2. Winners will be selected at random.
3. Winners will be notified via email once the competition closes.
4. All information provided by the entrant of the competition must be accurate.
5. Renowned For Sound reserves the right to change or withdraw this competition without notice.
6. The competition is open to persons over the age of 18 years.
7. The prize is non-transferable.
8. Renowned For Sound may be required to pass on details to the competition sponsor for prize distribution (where applicable).
9. Renowned For Sound’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered upon.
10. Competition is not open to staff of Renowned For Sound.
11. Only 1 entry per person will be accepted.
12. By entering into this competition all entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
::: RenownedForSound.com’s Editor and Founder –
Interviewing and reviewing the best in new music and globally recognized artists is his passion.
Over the years he has been lucky enough to review thousands of music releases and concerts and interview artists ranging from top selling superstars like 27-time Grammy Award winner Alison Krauss, Boyz II Men, Roxette, Cyndi Lauper, Lisa Loeb and iconic Eagles front man/songwriter, Glenn Frey through to more recent successes including Newton Faulkner, Janelle Monae and Caro Emerald.
Brendon manages and coordinates the amazing team of writers on RenownedForSound.com who are based in the UK, the U.S and Australia.