Garbage’s sixth studio album Strange Little Birds is now available The album was recorded and produced by the band (Shirley Manson, Steve Marker, Duke Erikson and Butch Vig) in Los Angeles and is the follow up to 2012’s heralded Not Your Kind of People.
Garbage’s unique sound and provocative visual aesthetic inspired massive worldwide attention and success following their debut album. Their follow up album, Version 2.0, released in 1998, topped charts all over the world and garnered multiple Grammy Award nominations including Album Of The Year. Garbage went on to release two more albums: 2001’s Beautiful Garbage and 2005’s Bleed Like Me, the latter of which earned the band a #4 on the ARIA and Billboard charts. After a 7-year hiatus, the band released their fifth studio album Not Your Kind of People in 2012 on their independent record label, STUNVOLUME/Liberator Music.
Garbage has sold over 12 million albums worldwide and performed in over thirty-five countries. Last year the band celebrated its 20th anniversary with the release of a special 20th anniversary edition of their debut album, re-mastered and featuring previously unreleased material.
Thanks to our friends over at Mushroom Group, we’ve got 5 copies of Strange Little Birds on CD to give away to readers of Renowned For Sound. To be in to win, head over and give our Facebook page a LIKE, give the competition post a SHARE and then answer the question below and complete the entry form. (Competition closes at midnight on Friday 1st July 2016)
[contact-form-7 id=”77132″ title=”roxette-good-karma-competition_copy-2″]
Terms & Conditions
1. The competition is open to Australian residents only.
2. Winners will be selected at random.
3. Winners will be notified via email once the competition closes.
4. All information provided by the entrant of the competition must be accurate.
5. Renowned For Sound reserves the right to change or withdraw this competition without notice.
6. The competition is open to persons over the age of 18 years.
7. The prize is non-transferable.
8. Renowned For Sound may be required to pass on details to the competition sponsor for prize distribution (where applicable).
9. Renowned For Sound’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered upon.
10. Competition is not open to staff of Renowned For Sound.
11. Only 1 entry per person will be accepted.
12. By entering into this competition all entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
::: RenownedForSound.com’s Editor and Founder –
Interviewing and reviewing the best in new music and globally recognized artists is his passion.
Over the years he has been lucky enough to review thousands of music releases and concerts and interview artists ranging from top selling superstars like 27-time Grammy Award winner Alison Krauss, Boyz II Men, Roxette, Cyndi Lauper, Lisa Loeb and iconic Eagles front man/songwriter, Glenn Frey through to more recent successes including Newton Faulkner, Janelle Monae and Caro Emerald.
Brendon manages and coordinates the amazing team of writers on RenownedForSound.com who are based in the UK, the U.S and Australia.