Cyndi Lauper’s celebrated musical journey takes an unexpected southern turn on Detour, her 11th studio album, which finds the Grammy® , Emmy® and Tony® -winning singer-songwriter putting her signature spin on a dozen classic country songs. Detour showcases Lauper’s unmistakable voice on country classics from the ‘40s, ‘50s and ‘60s and features guest appearances from county music stars Vince Gill, Emmylou Harris, Alison Krauss, and Willie Nelson.
Lauper recorded the album in Nashville alongside a band comprised of the city’s top session players. The album is Lauper’s first for Sire Records and executive produced by legendary Sire founder, Seymour Stein. Detour will be available May 6 on CD, LP, and digitally and is available for pre-order now.
For the album, Lauper duets with several special guests, including country music royalty: Emmylou Harris (on the title track), Willie Nelson (Night Life, a song he wrote over 50 years ago), Vince Gill (Loretta Lynn and Conway Twitty’s You’re The Reason Our Kids Are Ugly) and Alison Krauss (Dolly Parton’s Hard Candy Christmas). Jewel also makes an appearance on Detour, showcasing her prodigious yodeling skills on I Want To Be A Cowboy’s Sweetheart, which was the first country song by a woman to sell one million copies.
Thanks to our friends over at Warner Music, we’ve got 5 copies of Detour on CD to give away to readers of Renowned For Sound. To be in to win, head over and give our Facebook page a LIKE, give the competition post a SHARE and then answer the question below and complete the entry form. (Competition closes at midnight on Friday 13th May 2016)
THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED
Terms & Conditions
1. The competition is open to Australian residents only.
2. Winners will be selected at random.
3. Winners will be notified via email once the competition closes.
4. All information provided by the entrant of the competition must be accurate.
5. Renowned For Sound reserves the right to change or withdraw this competition without notice.
6. The competition is open to persons over the age of 18 years.
7. The prize is non-transferable.
8. Renowned For Sound may be required to pass on details to the competition sponsor for prize distribution (where applicable).
9. Renowned For Sound’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered upon.
10. Competition is not open to staff of Renowned For Sound.
11. Only 1 entry per person will be accepted.
12. By entering into this competition all entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
::: RenownedForSound.com’s Editor and Founder –
Interviewing and reviewing the best in new music and globally recognized artists is his passion.
Over the years he has been lucky enough to review thousands of music releases and concerts and interview artists ranging from top selling superstars like 27-time Grammy Award winner Alison Krauss, Boyz II Men, Roxette, Cyndi Lauper, Lisa Loeb and iconic Eagles front man/songwriter, Glenn Frey through to more recent successes including Newton Faulkner, Janelle Monae and Caro Emerald.
Brendon manages and coordinates the amazing team of writers on RenownedForSound.com who are based in the UK, the U.S and Australia.